The database currently contains details of 992 pubs and other premises, 256 places and 209 people. There are also 319 photos and postcards, 80 pub signs, 665 newspaper articles, 252 maps and 104 documents. About 138 pubs are still open.
Use the options below to search the database.
N.B. Some pubs do not appear on the maps as we do not have a definite location for them.
Details of pub: Caradog Inn, Gwnnws (p)
Other names: Caradog Arms, Broncaradog InnAddress/Location:
Tynygraig OS Grid Ref:
SN6934969724 probably Opened:
before 1864 Closed:
Location: closed before the 1888 map was made. Several buildings in Tynygraig have Caradog in their name, a possible candidate is Caradog Cottage - the licence was for a beerhouse only. Caradog House / Plas Caradog was a woollen factory in 1889. Bron-caradog is a farm(?)Notes:
Anne Jones, 57, wid is an Innkeeper, address is Tymawr
Landlady Anne Jones
"P.S. Lyons charged William Evans, Brynbo, Denbighshire, schoolmaster, and John Evans, Penrhyw- Trefryw, labourer, with having on the 10th of October last, been drunk and riotous at Broncaradog Inn. Case dismissed. The same complainant charged John Jones Evans, Trefryw hill, with having at the same time and place, been drunk and riotous. Fined 10s, and 9s 6d costs. Paid. The same complainant charged Ann Jones, Broncaradog Inn, Gwnnws, with having on the same date, permitted and encouraged drunkenness on her premises. Fined 5s, and 9s 6d costs. Paid." Welshman 11 Nov 1864
Anne Jones, W, 67 Public House
John, Unm, 48, son
"The licence of the Caradog Inn, Tyngraig, Gwnnws, was transferred from Anne Jones (deceased) to John Jones, her son. " CN 10 May 1872
Renewal of alehouse licence for John Jones refusedAdditional information