The database currently contains details of 1002 pubs and other premises, 256 places and 209 people. There are also 329 photos and postcards, 80 pub signs, 672 newspaper articles, 253 maps and 104 documents. About 134 pubs are still open.
Use the options below to search the database.
N.B. Some pubs do not appear on the maps as we do not have a definite location for them.
Details of pub: Olmarch Arms, Llangybi (p)Other names: Address/Location: OS Grid Ref: Opened:
"John Morgan, of Olmarch Arms, in the parish of Bettws Bledrws, charged Thomas Rees, of Tynyloft, in the same parish, with having assaulted him. Fined 1s and 7s 8d. costs, which were paid."
Landlord David Morgans
"Samuel Brown, a tramp, was charged with stealing a shirt the property of Mr. David Morgan, of the Olmarch Arms Inn, near Llangybi, on the 9th inst. The prisoner pleaded guilty and was sentenced to six weeks imprisonment." Welshman 17 Apr 1863
"The Bench granted a temporary transfer of the Olmarch Arms from Margaret Morgans to Mary Morgans." CN 26 May 1882
Mary Morgans sued for debt. Notes pub was once kept by "the celebrated Lord Brougham" CN - see att
"All the old licenses were renewed, except that of Olmarch Arms, which house has been pulled down." AO 13 Aug 1884
"Mr David Lloyd, Dolgwm House, applied for a renewal of the license of Olmarch Arms Inn, which has not been carried on as a public house for some time. The application was refused" Welshman 29 Aug 1884Additional information
Olmarch Arms owner sued for debt