The database currently contains details of 1002 pubs and other premises, 256 places and 209 people. There are also 329 photos and postcards, 80 pub signs, 672 newspaper articles, 253 maps and 104 documents. About 134 pubs are still open.
Use the options below to search the database.
N.B. Some pubs do not appear on the maps as we do not have a definite location for them.
Other names: Mabus ArmsAddress/Location: OS Grid Ref:
Ann Brooks, Mar,55
On 25-inch map
Owner, 1890-1892: William Lloyd, Pen-y-Graig, Ystrad Meurig
Licensee, 1889-1892: William Jones
Transferred to Tregaron Petty Sessional Division 1892
Register of Licences, Ilar Hundred, 1889-1924 with additions to 1952, Ceredigion Archives, TPS/LLI/1/7
"Drunk on his own Premises. Superintendant Phillips charged Dd. Davies, Mabws Arms, Ystrad Meurig, with having been drunk on licenced premises, Mabws Arms, on October 25th. Defendant who admitted the offence, was fined 10s and costs" Cambrian News 2 Dec 1898
Petty Sessions: Tregaron; number on list: 21; name of premises: Mabws Arms; Parish / Place: Ystrad Meurig; Licensee: Davies, David; owner or tenant : tenant; registered owner : William Lloyd, Cruglas; free or tied: free; tied to: [blank]; type of licence: full; on or off licence: on; number of licenced days per week: 6. (1905 list)
Closed, Compensation £148
(County Licencing Committee, 1905-1938 Ceredigion Archives, Cards/QS/L/1)
Mabws Arms, Ystrad Meurig, 6 inch map, 1904
Ystrad Meurig, 25 inch map, 1905