The database currently contains details of 1001 pubs and other premises, 256 places and 209 people. There are also 323 photos and postcards, 80 pub signs, 670 newspaper articles, 253 maps and 104 documents. About 135 pubs are still open.
Use the options below to search the database.
N.B. Some pubs do not appear on the maps as we do not have a definite location for them.
Other names: Address/Location: OS Grid Ref:
SN7299166430 approx Opened:
before 1857 Closed:
NOT KNOWN Type:
Petty Sessions held. Welshman 1 may 1857
TREGARON—POLICE.—On the 19th inst., at the Black Lion Inn, before the Rev. John Hughes, Joseph Jones was brought up in custody of P.S. Lyons, charged by William Jones, stone mason, Pontrhydfendigaid, with having on or about the 3rd of October last stolen a cloth coat, his property, from his room at the Lisburne Arms Inn, Pontrhydfendigaid. The prisoner, in answer to the charge, said that he would reserve his defence.
Welshman 22 Dec 1865
licensee: Robt.James (Worrall’s Directory, 1875)
Ploughing match: Lisburne Arms had a tent (J.Jones). Y Dydd 9 April 1875
"The license of the Lisburne Arms, Pontrhydfendigaid, was transfered from Robert James to Mrs Jane James. " AO 1 Oct 1887
Petty Sessions: Tregaron; number on list: 35; name of premises: Lisburne Arms ; Parish / Place: Pontrhydfendigaid; Licensee: James, Robert; owner or tenant : owner ; registered owner : Robert James; free or tied: free; tied to: [blank]; type of licence: full; on or off licence: on; number of licenced days per week: 7. (1905 list)