The database currently contains details of 1001 pubs and other premises, 256 places and 209 people. There are also 322 photos and postcards, 80 pub signs, 670 newspaper articles, 253 maps and 104 documents. About 136 pubs are still open.
Use the options below to search the database.
N.B. Some pubs do not appear on the maps as we do not have a definite location for them.
Other names: Address/Location:
8 George Street OS Grid Ref:
NOT KNOWN Type:
Probably a public house before 1871
Ceased to be a pub by 1960
Passmore, Susan, The Streets of New Quay, (2015), p. 419Notes:
licensee: John Jones (Worrall’s Directory, 1875)
Petty Sessions: Aberaeron; number on list: 41; name of premises: Prince of Wales; Parish / Place: New Quay; Licensee: Evans, Sarah; owner or tenant : tenant; registered owner : Guardians of Aberaeron Union; free or tied: Free; tied to: [blank]; type of licence: full; on or off licence: on; number of licenced days per week: 6. (1905 list)
9 August 1923
Mentioned in a sale Catalogue Prince of Wales Inn (being 8 George Street)
Ceredigion Archives ADX/416/14