The database currently contains details of 991 pubs and other premises, 256 places and 209 people. There are also 310 photos and postcards, 80 pub signs, 662 newspaper articles, 252 maps and 104 documents. About 138 pubs are still open.
Use the options below to search the database.
N.B. Some pubs do not appear on the maps as we do not have a definite location for them.
Other names: Address/Location:
Bridge Street, Llanon OS Grid Ref:
before 1905 Closed:
after 1905 Type:
Petty Sessions: Aberaeron; number on list: 55; name of premises: Belmont House; Parish / Place: Llansantffraed; Licensee: Thomas, John; owner or tenant : owner ; registered owner : John Thomas, Belmont, Llanon; free or tied: Free; tied to: [blank]; type of licence: Gr's L B&W; on or off licence: off; number of licenced days per week: 6. (1905 list)
Belmont House was also a chemist's shop. Later it became the Post Office but continued as an off -licence until the Post Office relocated to Emporium.Additional information