The database currently contains details of 1001 pubs and other premises, 256 places and 209 people. There are also 322 photos and postcards, 80 pub signs, 670 newspaper articles, 253 maps and 104 documents. About 136 pubs are still open.
Use the options below to search the database.
N.B. Some pubs do not appear on the maps as we do not have a definite location for them.
Other names: Fusion BarAddress/Location:
Bridgend/Castle Street OS Grid Ref:
open 2017 Type:
In existence from at least 1840 (Glen Johnson's list from Trade Directories, Census returns etc.)
Closed 2016, reopened June 2017 as Fusion Bar and RestaurantNotes:
licensee: Thomas Mathias (Worrall’s Directory, 1875)
"P. C. Owen Evans, St. Dogmells, chargod Sam Jones, lodging at the Eagle Inn, Bridge-End, with being drunk at Castle-street, on the 24th inst. Fined 5s. including costs."Cgn Obs 9 Jan 1892
"CARDIGAN. FIRE.- On Saturday night the stable of the Eagle Inn, Bridge-end, narrowly escaped destruction by fire. Some children threw in some lighted fusees into the straw and but for the timely discovery of the fire and the exertions of the neighbours, a serious calamity would have been inevitable. The damage was confined to the woodwork, hay, and straw, etc." CN 1 June 1900
Petty Sessions: Cardigan; number on list: 6; name of premises: Eagle Inn; Parish / Place: Bridgend, Cardigan; Licensee: Lewis, Anne; owner or tenant : tenant; registered owner : Swansea Old Brewery; free or tied: tied; tied to: Swansea Old Brewery; type of licence: full; on or off licence: on; number of licenced days per week: 6. (1905 list)
"The Chief Constable objected to the licence of the Eagle Inn owing to structural defects, and he was instructed to give notice of objection on those grounds. In the meantime a temporary licence was granted" County Echo 4 Feb 1909