The database currently contains details of 1002 pubs and other premises, 256 places and 209 people. There are also 329 photos and postcards, 80 pub signs, 672 newspaper articles, 253 maps and 104 documents. About 134 pubs are still open.
Use the options below to search the database.
N.B. Some pubs do not appear on the maps as we do not have a definite location for them.
Other names: Croft HouseAddress/Location:
Castle Street, Bridgend, Llantood? OS Grid Ref:
SN1558142993 probably Opened:
NOT KNOWN Type:
This is confusing. 1879 - Croft House, Bridge-end suggests just over the bridge, but 1871 Census lists James and Margaret Williams (Innkeeper) at Croft House, Llantood. That's just in Pembs at SN 15581 42993 1891 Census
Croft House, Cwm, Llantood, Cardigan, Pembrokeshire, Wales
John Owens Mariner, Martha Owens, Wife, Innkeeper.
"Transfer:to Margaret Williams, Croft House, Bridgend, from the late James Williams." Western Mail 26 Aug 1879
"The license of the Croft House, Bridge-end, now called the Newport Arms, was transferred from Margaret Williams to David Morgan" Welshman 7 Nov 1879
Petty Sessions: Cardigan; number on list: 8; name of premises: Newport Arms; Parish / Place: Bridgend, Cardigan; Licensee: Evans, David; owner or tenant : tenant; registered owner : Swansea Old Brewery; free or tied: tied; tied to: Swansea Old Brewery; type of licence: full; on or off licence: on; number of licenced days per week: 6. (1905 list)Additional information
Objection - drink not served