The database currently contains details of 1002 pubs and other premises, 256 places and 209 people. There are also 327 photos and postcards, 80 pub signs, 672 newspaper articles, 253 maps and 104 documents. About 135 pubs are still open.
Use the options below to search the database.
N.B. Some pubs do not appear on the maps as we do not have a definite location for them.
Other names: Address/Location:
1 Cambrian Quay OS Grid Ref:
In existence 1871-1905 (Glen Johnson's list from Trade Directories, Census returns etc.)Notes:
Petty Sessions: Cardigan; number on list: 13; name of premises: Cambrian Inn; Parish / Place: Cardigan; Licensee: Evans, John; owner or tenant : tenant; registered owner : Swansea Old Brewery; free or tied: tied; tied to: Swansea Old Brewery; type of licence: full; on or off licence: on; number of licenced days per week: 6. (1905 list)
Dormant licence, renewal refused Welshman 24 March 1905Additional information