The database currently contains details of 1002 pubs and other premises, 256 places and 209 people. There are also 329 photos and postcards, 80 pub signs, 672 newspaper articles, 253 maps and 104 documents. About 134 pubs are still open.
Use the options below to search the database.
N.B. Some pubs do not appear on the maps as we do not have a definite location for them.
Other names: Address/Location:
22 Pendre OS Grid Ref:
In existence 1836-1917 (Glen Johnson's list from Trade Directories, Census returns etc.)Notes:
licensee: Margaret Griffiths (Worrall’s Directory, 1875)
John Williams 51 Publican, Wife Maud
Petty Sessions: Cardigan; number on list: 34; name of premises: Queen's Head; Parish / Place: Cardigan; Licensee: Williams, John; owner or tenant : tenant; registered owner : M Griffiths, Selwyn House, Rugeley, Staffordwhire; free or tied: free; tied to: [blank]; type of licence: full; on or off licence: on; number of licenced days per week: 6. (1905 list)
Recommended for closure by the local Licencing committee by licence renewed by the County Committee
(County Licencing Committee, 1905-1938 Ceredigion Archives, Cards/QS/L/1)