The database currently contains details of 1002 pubs and other premises, 256 places and 209 people. There are also 329 photos and postcards, 80 pub signs, 672 newspaper articles, 253 maps and 104 documents. About 134 pubs are still open.
Use the options below to search the database.
N.B. Some pubs do not appear on the maps as we do not have a definite location for them.
Details of pub: Ffinnant Arms, LlanwenogOther names: Address/Location: OS Grid Ref:
NOT KNOWN Type:
licensee: James Jones (Worrall’s Directory, 1875)
Petty Sessions: Lampeter; number on list: 28; name of premises: Ffinnant Arms; Parish / Place: Llanwenog parish; Licensee: Thomas, Margaret; owner or tenant : tenant; registered owner : Messers E and D Jones, Llanybyther; free or tied: Free; tied to: [blank]; type of licence: full; on or off licence: on; number of licenced days per week: 6. (1905 list)
Closed, Compensation £42
(County Licencing Committee, 1905-1938 Ceredigion Archives, Cards/QS/L/1)
Still named on 1964 6-inch map as Ffinnant Arms, but not on 1972-78 25-inch.Additional information