N.B. Some pubs do not appear on the maps as we do not have a definite location for them.
Other names: King's HeadAddress/Location:
14 Bridge St. SA48 7AA OS Grid Ref:
c. 1865 Closed:
open 2018 Type:
David Davies and family moved here from The Plough Inn between the 1861 and 1871 Censuses. He was a Carpenter, and is said to have built the King’s Head.
The King’s Head is now on the Market (2016).
Re-opened under a new name - the Nag's Head.Notes:
David Davies Innkeeper
licensee: Eleanor Davies (Worrall’s Directory, 1875)
Eleanor Davies, Widow of David Davies, Innkeeper
[David Thomas Davies, (Solicitor) son of above, married daughter of David Rees, Eurfaen Hall. Terwyn Davies was their son]
Sarah Davies (Daughter of David & Eleanor Davies) Innkeeper
Petty Sessions: Lampeter; number on list: 11; name of premises: King's Head; Parish / Place: Lampeter; Licensee:
Roberts, Sarah Anne; owner or tenant : Owner; registered
owner : S A Roberts, King's Head; free or tied: Free; tied to: [blank]; type of licence: full; on or off licence: on; number of licenced days per week: 6. (1905 list)
Evan and William Davies (2 Brothers) Innkeepers
(Doesn’t seem to be any relationship to the previous family)
Recommended for closure by local licencing committee, but renewed by the County.
(County Licencing Committee, 1905-1938 Ceredigion Archives, Cards/QS/L/1)
‘Rhydycais’ – dwelling house near Brondeifi Chapel – Leasehold sold to Mr David Davies, King’s Head for £270
John & Ann Jones, with daughter Iris and her husband Willie James
Doris & Dewi Price
Thomas & Olive Sharp
1990 – 2005?
Joy & Phil Patterson