Explore the database

The database currently contains details of 991 pubs and other premises, 256 places and 209 people. There are also 310 photos and postcards, 80 pub signs, 662 newspaper articles, 252 maps and 104 documents. About 138 pubs are still open.

Use the options below to search the database.

N.B. Some pubs do not appear on the maps as we do not have a definite location for them.

Quick search

    Search for:
    Browse the database     Advanced search
Something not right? Got extra information? Please contact us and tell us more!

Details of pub: Kings Arms, Lledrod

Other names:
Address/Location:
OS Grid Ref: SN6460170177
Opened: c.      
Closed: 1917       Type: Pub
Notes: 1878
"An application was made for the transference of the licence of the King's Arms, Lledrod, to the sister of the late holder. Granted." CN 11 Jan 1878

1882: Landlady Mrs Williams - see court report
16 February 1889
Conveyance of the messuage and lands called Tynllan, p. Lledrod, Cardiganshire, and the Inn and shop known as the King’s Arms, from Mrs. Mary Williams of Tynllan, widow, to the Rev. Evan Alban of Lledrod, for £1,100.
Ceredigion Archives ADX/1169/24

On 1888 and 1905 25-inch maps

1889-1892
Owner, 1890-1892: Rev Alban and his executors
Licensee 1889-1892: Mary Williams
Licensee from 7.4.1893: D.J. Morgan, Royal Oak, Aberystwyth
Transferred to Tregaron Petty Sessional Division, 1892
Register of Licences, Ilar Hundred, 1889-1924 with additions to 1952, Ceredigion Archives, TPS/LLI/1/7

1901 Census
David J Morgan Mar 32 Innkeeper, wife Avarina

1905
Petty Sessions: Tregaron; number on list: 14; name of premises: King's Arms; Parish / Place: Lledrod; Licensee: Williams, Vrine J; owner or tenant : tenant; registered owner : D Roberts and Sons, Aberystwyth; free or tied: tied; tied to: Aberystwyth Brewery; type of licence: full; on or off licence: on; number of licenced days per week: 7. (1905 list)
1917
Closed, Compensation £193
(County Licencing Committee, 1905-1938 Ceredigion Archives, Cards/QS/L/1)




Additional information

Map:

King's Arms, Lledrod, 6 inch, 1904

Date:

Map:

Lledrod, 25 inch, 1905

Date:

Newspaper:

Court case report

Date: 1882