Explore the database

The database currently contains details of 1001 pubs and other premises, 256 places and 209 people. There are also 322 photos and postcards, 80 pub signs, 670 newspaper articles, 253 maps and 104 documents. About 136 pubs are still open.

Use the options below to search the database.

N.B. Some pubs do not appear on the maps as we do not have a definite location for them.

Quick search

    Search for:
    Browse the database     Advanced search
Something not right? Got extra information? Please contact us and tell us more!

Details of pub: Cambrian Inn, Aberaeron

Other names:
Address/Location: 23 Tabernacle Street
OS Grid Ref: SN4573162995
Opened: c.      
Closed: NOT KNOWN       Type: Pub
Summary: This is distinct from the Cambria, but it is not certain whether the 1905 refers to the Cambrian or the Cambria

Notes: 1835 Walters, John, (Pigot's directory, 1835)
1836 Thomas Jones (Petty Sessions, 1836)
1837 Jones, Thomas, (Petty Sessions, 1837)
1838 Jones, Thomas, (Petty Sessions, 1838)
1839 Jones, Thomas, (Petty Sessions, 1839)
1841 Jones, Thomas, (Petty Sessions, 1841)
1842 Jones, Thomas, (Petty Sessions, NLW MS 13867, 61 31st August, 1842)
1843 Jones, Thomas, (Petty Sessions, NLW MS 13867, 120, 30th August, 1843)
1845 Jones, Thomas, (Petty Sessions, NLW MS 13868, 244, 27th August, 1845)
1846 Jones, Thomas, (Petty Sessions, NLW MS 13868, p. 292a, 26th August, 1846)
1847
licensee: Jones, Thomas
Petty Sessions, Aberaeron, NLW 13868, 8.9.1847, p. 337
1848
licensee: Jones, Thomas
Petty Sessions, Aberaeron, NLW 13868, 23.8.1848, p. 368
1849
licensee: Jones, Thomas
Petty Sessions, Aberaeron, NLW 13868, 22.8.1849, p. 405
1850
licensee: Jones, Thomas
Petty Sessions, Aberaeron, NLW 13868, 21.8.1850, p. 441

1868 Jones, Thomas, (Slater's Directory, 1868)
1875 Jones, Thomas, (Worrall's Directory, 1875)

1881
"The license of the Cambrian Inn, Aberayron, was temporarily transfered from Thomas Jones, to Mrs Mary Davies. " AO 19 Nov 1881

1886
Mrs Davies - lodgers in Visitors List
1904
"Ar gais Mr. D. Pennant James trosglwyddwyd trwydded y Cambrian Inn i Mrs. Davies, gynt o'r Star of Wales. " Baner 8 Oct 1904
1905 Petty Sessions: Aberaeron; number on list: 3; name of premises: Cambria; Parish / Place: Aberaeron; Licensee: Davies, Thomas; owner or tenant : tenant; registered owner : A.L. Gwynne, Monachty; free or tied: Free; tied to: [blank]; type of licence: full; on or off licence: on; number of licenced days per week: 6. (1905 list)
1910 Leonard, Thomas; Cambrian P.H., 23 Tabernacle street (Kelly’s Directory, 1910)
See also Mair Lloyd Evans and Mair Harrison, The Ins and Outs of the Inns of Aberayron, (2013), p. 15

1915
"The Cambrian Inn. sold to Mr. Isaac Davies, of 19, Victoria-street, for £230" Cmn Jnl 8 Oct 1915


Additional information