The database currently contains details of 1002 pubs and other premises, 256 places and 209 people. There are also 328 photos and postcards, 80 pub signs, 672 newspaper articles, 253 maps and 104 documents. About 135 pubs are still open.
Use the options below to search the database.
N.B. Some pubs do not appear on the maps as we do not have a definite location for them.
Details of pub: Royal Oak, Goginan
Other names: Address/Location: OS Grid Ref:
NOT KNOWN Type:
licensee: Wm. Pearce (Worrall’s Directory, 1875)
Seven day's licence granted to Caroline Northey.
Llanbadarn Fawr Petty Sessions, The Cambrian News and Merionethshire Standard, 1st September 1882
On 25 inch map
Petty Sessions: Llanbadarn Fawr; number on list: 8; name of premises: Royal Oak; Parish / Place: Goginan; Licensee: Michell, Elizabeth Ann; owner or tenant : tenant; registered owner : Dr Gilbertson, Aberystwyth; free or tied: Free; tied to: [blank]; type of licence: full; on or off licence: on; number of licenced days per week: 6. (1905 list)
Closed, Compensation £61
(County Licencing Committee, 1905-1938 Ceredigion Archives, Cards/QS/L/1)
Goginan, 25 inch, 1888
A drunken giant