The database currently contains details of 1002 pubs and other premises, 256 places and 209 people. There are also 327 photos and postcards, 80 pub signs, 672 newspaper articles, 253 maps and 104 documents. About 135 pubs are still open.
Use the options below to search the database.
N.B. Some pubs do not appear on the maps as we do not have a definite location for them.
Details of pub: Rhydlydan Arms, Ponterwyd
Other names: Rhyd-lydan ArmsAddress/Location: OS Grid Ref:
Six days' licenses granted to Richard Jones.
Llanbadarn Fawr Petty Sessions, The Cambrian News and Merionethshire Standard, 1st September 1882
1885 "The licence of the Rhydlydan Arms was transferred from William Jones to William Jenkins. " CN 30 Jan 1885
According to the Census for 1891, this pub was run by William Jenkins, but he went to America soon after, leaving his wife, Jane, to run the pub.
Petty Sessions: Llanbadarn Fawr; number on list: 9; name of premises: Rhydlydan Arms; Parish / Place: Ponterwyd; Licensee: Morgan, William; owner or tenant : tenant; registered owner : Captain N Bray, Goginan; free or tied: Free; tied to: [blank]; type of licence: full; on or off licence: on; number of licenced days per week: 6. (1905 list)
Closed, Compensation £50
(County Licencing Committee, 1905-1938 Ceredigion Archives, Cards/QS/L/1)
People associated with this establishment Jenkins, William [-]