The database currently contains details of 1001 pubs and other premises, 256 places and 209 people. There are also 322 photos and postcards, 80 pub signs, 670 newspaper articles, 253 maps and 104 documents. About 136 pubs are still open.
Use the options below to search the database.
N.B. Some pubs do not appear on the maps as we do not have a definite location for them.
Other names: Address/Location: OS Grid Ref:
c. 1875 Closed:
c. 1965 Type:
licensee: Mary Pugh (Worrall’s Directory, 1875)
Petty Sessions: Lampeter; number on list: 14; name of premises: Refreshment Rooms; Parish / Place: Lampeter; Licensee: Owen, Lettice; owner or tenant : tenant; registered owner : M and M Railway Company; free or tied: Free; tied to: [blank]; type of licence: full; on or off licence: on; number of licenced days per week: 6. (1905 list)
2nd February 1912
Certificate of Licensing Justices. Railway Refreshment room, Lampeter. This is used only as a Railway Refreshment room. To be charged 1/3 of the usual rate.
County Council Clerk’s records, Bundle of correspondence relating to the licensing of public houses in Cardiganshire, 1910-1912, Ceredigion Archives, CDC/SE/14/2