N.B. Some pubs do not appear on the maps as we do not have a definite location for them.
Details of pub: Royal Oak Inn, Llanfarian
Other names: Oak Inn, Figure FourAddress/Location:
Figure Four / Pontllanychaiarn / Pentre-bont OS Grid Ref:
before 1875 Closed:
open 2017 Type:
Closed for a while early 2000s, now open as licensed fish-and-chip shop (2017)Notes:
licensee: David Roderick (Worrall’s Directory, 1875)
Owner, 1889-1924: Morris Davies and family, Ffosrhydgaled and Rugby
Owner (after 1924?), James George Morris Davies, Pwllperian, Devil's Bridge
Licensee, 1889: Ann Roderick
Licensee, 1889-1899: Thomas Roberts
Licensee from 7.7.1899: Margaret Roberts
Licensee from 7.3.1930: Eleanor Ann Maria Roberts
Licensee from 3.9.1948: Gwilym Daniel Stephens?
Register of Licences, Ilar Hundred, 1889-1924 with additions to 1952, Ceredigion Archives, TPS/LLI/1/7
On 25-inch map
The licence of the Royal Oak, Figure Four, was transferred from Mrs Roderick, deceased, to Mr Thomas Roberts, the present tenant.
Marked as Royal Oak (P.H.)
6 inch map, revised 1904, published 1906
Petty Sessions: Llanilar; number on list: 6; name of premises: Oak Inn; Parish / Place: Llanychaiarn; Licensee: Roberts, Margaret; owner or tenant : tenant; registered owner : Morris Davies, Rugby; free or tied: Free; tied to: [blank]; type of licence: full; on or off licence: on; number of licenced days per week: 7. (1905 list)Additional information