The database currently contains details of 1002 pubs and other premises, 256 places and 209 people. There are also 329 photos and postcards, 80 pub signs, 672 newspaper articles, 253 maps and 104 documents. About 134 pubs are still open.
Use the options below to search the database.
N.B. Some pubs do not appear on the maps as we do not have a definite location for them.
Details of pub: Gogerddan Arms, Tan-y-GroesOther names: Address/Location:
Tan-y-Groes, OS Grid Ref:
It used to be on the south side of the A487 (Cardigan to Aberaeron), but was rebuilt on the north side and opened in May, 1965 (see attachment).
Now in Penbryn parish; was in Blaenporth parish.
Closed 2019, following retirement of owner. Now owned by In the Welsh Wind, a gin distillery.Notes:
Licence transferred to Mr Benjamin Peregrine.
1889 featured in the Tithe riots - see att.
Marked as Gogerddan Arms on the revision of the 6 inch map, but on the southwest side of the cross roads.
Petty Sessions: Lower Troedyraur; number on list: 7; name of premises: Gogerddan Arms; Parish / Place: Blaenporth; Licensee: Davies, Charles; owner or tenant : tenant; registered owner : Buckley Brothers, Llanelly; free or tied: tied; tied to: Buckley Brewery; type of licence: full; on or off licence: on; number of licenced days per week: 6. (1905 list)
Brand-new building opened as a new pub.
Closed 2019, following retirement of owner. Now owned by In the Welsh Wind, a gin distillery.
Gogerddan Arms, Blaenporth, 6 inch,1906
Gogerddan Arms, Blaenporth, 1 inch map, 1897
Gogerddan Arms, Tan-y-Groes, tithe map, 1840s
Gogerddan Arms, Tan-y-Groes, 25 inch, 1889
Tithe riots in Penbryn
The pub shortly before it closed
Date: 2018 (approx)