The database currently contains details of 1002 pubs and other premises, 256 places and 209 people. There are also 329 photos and postcards, 80 pub signs, 672 newspaper articles, 253 maps and 104 documents. About 134 pubs are still open.
Use the options below to search the database.
N.B. Some pubs do not appear on the maps as we do not have a definite location for them.
Other names: Address/Location: OS Grid Ref:
SN6006381101 probably Opened:
before 1876 Type:
1890 advert 'nearly opposite the School Board' (presumably the Board School. Only one building on 1889 OS could be 'nearly opposite'. Site is now 'Snowball Cottage'Notes:
Theft of boots from Richard Roberts (also a carrier) - see att
Open on Christmas day, Richard Roberts - see att
Licensee: Roberts, Richard
Slater’s Directory, 1868 (not in Worrall's directory, 1875)
Mrs Roberts "Plough" donates £1 to church restoration fund
Leasehold for sale. Apply Mrs Roberts
Mary Roberts, widow, fined for assaulting constable - see att
"TO LET, in the village of Llanbadarn-fawr a HOUSE, with two large Gardens attached, known formerly as the PLOUGH INN. For particulars apply on the premises" AO 29 May 1875
"TO BE LET OR SOLD, THE very compact Dwelling House formerly known as the Plough, Llanbadarn-fawr, which is in very good order, with a large garden, orchard, and small field at the rear. Further particulars may be obtained of Mr. T. H. JONES, 5, Great Darkgate street, Aberystwyth." Aber Obs 1 Jan 1876Additional information