The database currently contains details of 1002 pubs and other premises, 256 places and 209 people. There are also 329 photos and postcards, 80 pub signs, 672 newspaper articles, 253 maps and 104 documents. About 134 pubs are still open.
Use the options below to search the database.
N.B. Some pubs do not appear on the maps as we do not have a definite location for them.
Other names: Address/Location:
90 Bridge Street OS Grid Ref:
before 1841 Closed:
Innkeeper: Thomas Owen
1844 Pigot’s Directory
Retailer of Beer, John Parry
John Parry, Watchmaker. Died 2.5.1860
Watchmaker’s widow, Ann Parry
Licensee: John Price (Slater’s Directory, 1868)
licensee: John Price (Worrall’s Directory, 1875)
Licensed Victualler: John Price
Innkeeper & Grocer: Catherine Jones
Licensed Victualler: Katie Morgan (daughter of above Catherine Jones) Her husband was Lieut. James Morgan
Petty Sessions: Lampeter; number on list: 13; name of premises: Fountain Inn; Parish / Place: Lampeter; Licensee: Morgan, James; owner or tenant : tenant; registered owner : Catherine Jones, Pound, Lampeter; free or tied: Free; tied to: [blank]; type of licence: full; on or off licence: on; number of licenced days per week: 6. (1905 list)
Mr James Morgan, Fountain Inn, was appointed to the Selection Committee of the Football Club.
Innkeeper: James Morgan
Innkeeper: Thomas Davies (Kellys Directory, 1926)
Closed, Compensation £540 appealed
(County Licencing Committee, 1905-1938 Ceredigion Archives, Cards/QS/L/1)
Extract from Kelly's Directory, 1926
Fountain Inn, Bridge Street, Lampeter, 6 inch map, 1904