The database currently contains details of 1002 pubs and other premises, 256 places and 209 people. There are also 329 photos and postcards, 80 pub signs, 672 newspaper articles, 253 maps and 104 documents. About 134 pubs are still open.
Use the options below to search the database.
N.B. Some pubs do not appear on the maps as we do not have a definite location for them.
Other names: Royal OakAddress/Location: OS Grid Ref: Opened:
NOT KNOWN Type:
Thought to have been on the Ddôl near the railway line on the road between Llanbadarn Fawr village and Pen-y-Bont. Its popular name was the Royal Oak. It was washed away in the flood of 1885.
(E.G. Bowen, A History of Llanbadarn Fawr (1979), p. 178Notes:
Retailer of beer, Jane Jenkins
Slater's Directory, 1868