The database currently contains details of 1001 pubs and other premises, 256 places and 209 people. There are also 322 photos and postcards, 80 pub signs, 670 newspaper articles, 253 maps and 104 documents. About 136 pubs are still open.
Use the options below to search the database.
N.B. Some pubs do not appear on the maps as we do not have a definite location for them.
Other names: Address/Location:
Cae'r Castell OS Grid Ref:
c. 1822 Type:
The Bumper Inn stood on Cae’r Castell, - but was demolished when Saint David’s College was later built (foundation stone laid 1822)
It was kept by Mr James Jones and his wife Rachel. James Jones was a Carrier of goods between Carmarthen and Aberayron