The database currently contains details of 1001 pubs and other premises, 256 places and 209 people. There are also 322 photos and postcards, 80 pub signs, 670 newspaper articles, 253 maps and 104 documents. About 136 pubs are still open.
Use the options below to search the database.
N.B. Some pubs do not appear on the maps as we do not have a definite location for them.
Other names: Address/Location:
St Thomas’ Square OS Grid Ref:
before 1840 Type:
Not on the 1841 Census.
Situated on the left hand side of the road going from High St to the Cwmins (St Thomas’ Square).
From a column “65 years ago” written by R.D. in The Cambrian News in 1935 :
On the left hand side of the road leading to the Common, was a pub called CORNEL, kept by Daniel Edwards, great grandfather of Mr Seaton Edwards, Maesyfelin.