The database currently contains details of 991 pubs and other premises, 256 places and 209 people. There are also 310 photos and postcards, 80 pub signs, 662 newspaper articles, 252 maps and 104 documents. About 138 pubs are still open.
Use the options below to search the database.
N.B. Some pubs do not appear on the maps as we do not have a definite location for them.
Other names: Smiths ArmsAddress/Location:
High St (later Harford Square) OS Grid Ref:
before 1841 Closed:
after 1881 Type:
Despite being named as either the Blacksmiths or Smiths Arms in the Censuses, no reference is made to selling of beer, - but there were blacksmiths here between 1841 - 81. The Blacksmiths Arms was demolished in 1883 for building purposes.Additional information