The database currently contains details of 1001 pubs and other premises, 256 places and 209 people. There are also 322 photos and postcards, 80 pub signs, 670 newspaper articles, 253 maps and 104 documents. About 136 pubs are still open.
Use the options below to search the database.
N.B. Some pubs do not appear on the maps as we do not have a definite location for them.
Other names: Address/Location:
End of Lewis Terrace OS Grid Ref:
SN5992480765 probably Opened:
before 1866 Closed:
before 1877 Type:
Seems to have been a public house which retained its name after it lost its licence.Notes:
"TRANSFER OF LICENCE. David Jenkins, of the Talbot Inn, Llanbadarn-fawr, applied to have his licence transferred to his daughter. Case deferred." AO 28 April 1866
"LOT 4. All those six Freehold Cottages and Garden situate in Lewis Terrace, Llanbadarnfawr, now in the occupation of John Davies, Margaret Griffiths, and others; separately or in one lot. LOT 5. All that Freehold House, Outbuildings and Gardens, known as the Talbot Inn, in the village of Lianbadarnfawr, and adjoining the last lot." AO 18 Aug 1877
The house known as the Talbot, Llanbadarn, had been purchased by private treaty by the tenant, Mr Hugh Jenkins, grocer.
Cambrian News 11.7.1890
[was this a public house?]