The database currently contains details of 1001 pubs and other premises, 256 places and 209 people. There are also 322 photos and postcards, 80 pub signs, 670 newspaper articles, 253 maps and 104 documents. About 136 pubs are still open.
Use the options below to search the database.
N.B. Some pubs do not appear on the maps as we do not have a definite location for them.
Other names: Address/Location:
Portland Street / Queen's Road OS Grid Ref:
NOT KNOWN Type:
Bijou Theatre / Pareezer Hall / The Rink
This was a large building on the corner of Portland Street and Queen's Road. It was built as a roller skating rink before 1878 and was used as a hall for various performances until it became a cinema from 1913 until the early 1920s.
Mr Evans, licensee of the Rink, applied for a renewal of his licence.
Cambrian News 5.12.1919