The database currently contains details of 1001 pubs and other premises, 256 places and 209 people. There are also 322 photos and postcards, 80 pub signs, 670 newspaper articles, 253 maps and 104 documents. About 136 pubs are still open.
Use the options below to search the database.
N.B. Some pubs do not appear on the maps as we do not have a definite location for them.
List of licences granted at Llanbadarn, 1887Source:
Aberystwyth Observer 03/09/1887 Date:
Full list of licences granted with name of licenseeTranscript:
Licensing Meeting.This being the annual licensing meeting the following licenses were granted : Black Lion, Llanbadarn, Mr Thomas Jenkins (seven days) Gogerddan Arms, Llanbadarn, Mr John Edwards (six days); Farmers' Arms, Penrhyncoch, Mr David James; Three Horse Shoe, Mr Elias Thomas Dyffryn Castell, Mr Claridge (seven days); Druid Inn, Goginan, Mrs Jane Nicholls (seven days); Ty'n-llidiart Arms, Mr John Williams (seven days); Rhydlydan Arms, Mr Jenkins; Gogerddan Arms' Ponterwyd, Mr John James (seven days); Cwmsymlog Arms, Mr John Owen New Inn, Cwmerfin Mr John Thomas Miners' Arms, Mr John Evans.-Later on Mr Hugh Hughes, jun., applied for a six days' license for the King's Arms, Llanbadarn. Granted.
Extension of Time. Mr John James, Gogerddan Arms, Ponterwyd, applied for an extension of time on the 24th September, the annual fair being held at that place on that date.-One hour granted.Notes:Linked to Llanbadarn Licensing Division/ New Inn , Cwmerfyn