The database currently contains details of 1001 pubs and other premises, 256 places and 209 people. There are also 323 photos and postcards, 80 pub signs, 670 newspaper articles, 253 maps and 104 documents. About 135 pubs are still open.
Use the options below to search the database.
N.B. Some pubs do not appear on the maps as we do not have a definite location for them.
Details of place: Llanybydder
other names: LlanybytherCounty:
Carmarthen OS Grid Ref:
SN522440 = 52.0745895046, -4.15797894212Type of place:
Straddles the Teifi. Pubs were popular on Sundays when Ceredigion was 'dry' but Carmarthen wasn't.
1888 25-inch records the Black Lion, four PHs and an Inn on the CMN side, and one PH and the High Mead Arms Hotel on the CGN side.
1891 Census records Black Lion Hotel, Gwrdymawr Inn (John Davies), Cross Hands, (Elizabeth Jane Jones), Penrhiwllyn (Evan Thomas), Tanygraig Inn (Dinah Bowen) next door to Masons Arms (David Davies) Places associated with this placePubs in this place Black Lion Hotel , Llanybydder
Total: 1Additional information