The database currently contains details of 991 pubs and other premises, 256 places and 209 people. There are also 310 photos and postcards, 80 pub signs, 662 newspaper articles, 252 maps and 104 documents. About 138 pubs are still open.
Use the options below to search the database.
N.B. Some pubs do not appear on the maps as we do not have a definite location for them.
Other names: Address/Location: OS Grid Ref:
SN6619355368 probably Opened:
NOT KNOWN Type:
Location: not 100% certain, but suggested location is based on review of nearby dwellings on 1851 and 1901 census, the 25-inch maps, and a process of elimination.Notes:
Licensee: Williams, Aaron
Slater’s Directory, 1868
licensee: John Williams (Worrall’s Directory, 1875)
Thomas Walter Davies, no cart licence. CN 31 May 1889
Petty Sessions: Tregaron; number on list: 30; name of premises: Drover's Arms; Parish / Place: Llanddewi Brefi; Licensee: Charles, Richard; owner or tenant : tenant; registered owner : James Williams, Abercafan; free or tied: free; tied to: [blank]; type of licence: full; on or off licence: on; number of licenced days per week: 6. (1905 list)
Closed, Compensation £207
(County Licencing Committee, 1905-1938 Ceredigion Archives, Cards/QS/L/1)