The database currently contains details of 1002 pubs and other premises, 256 places and 209 people. There are also 328 photos and postcards, 80 pub signs, 672 newspaper articles, 253 maps and 104 documents. About 135 pubs are still open.
Use the options below to search the database.
N.B. Some pubs do not appear on the maps as we do not have a definite location for them.
Details of pub: Wildfowler Inn, Tre'r Ddôl
Other names: Commercial Inn; Miners Arms?; Dolclettwr ArmsAddress/Location:
SY20 8PN OS Grid Ref:
before 1880 Closed:
open 2017 Type:
Sale notice for Dolclettwr estate "Also, TWO SMALL INNS, known as the Boar's Head and Dolclettwr Arms, and numerous small houses, cottages, and various buildings, forming a considerable portion of the village of Tre Taliesin." The Glamorgan Monmouth and Brecon Gazette and Merthyr Guardian 2 Sept 1843
licensee: Mrs. Evans (Worrall’s Directory, 1875)
Petty Sessions: Talybont; number on list: 8; name of premises: Commercial Inn; Parish / Place: Tre'r Ddol; Licensee: Evans, David Edward; owner or tenant : tenant; registered owner : Mrs Basil Jones, Gwynfryn; free or tied: Free; tied to: [blank]; type of licence: full; on or off licence: on; number of licenced days per week: 6. (1905 list)Additional information
People associated with this establishment Evans, Edward [c.1839-]Events 1880-05-06, Licence transferred / Trosglwyddiad trwydded
Transfer of licence Commercial Inn Trerddol 1880
Census 1881 Commercial Inn Trerddol
Wildfowler Inn c.2000
Date: 2000 (approx)
Wildfowler, Tre'rddol 2016
OS map of Tre'r Ddôl 1905