The database currently contains details of 1001 pubs and other premises, 256 places and 209 people. There are also 322 photos and postcards, 80 pub signs, 670 newspaper articles, 253 maps and 104 documents. About 136 pubs are still open.
Use the options below to search the database.
N.B. Some pubs do not appear on the maps as we do not have a definite location for them.
Other names: Address/Location:
25 Castle Street OS Grid Ref:
before 1835 Closed:
In existence 1835-1925 (Glen Johnson's list from Trade Directories, Census returns etc.)Notes:
Licensee: Ann Jones
Slater’s Directory, 1868
licensee: Ann Jones (Worrall’s Directory, 1875)
Petty Sessions: Cardigan; number on list: 7; name of premises: Fishguard Arms; Parish / Place: Bridgend, Cardigan; Licensee: Davies, John; owner or tenant : tenant; registered owner : Swansea Old Brewery; free or tied: tied; tied to: Swansea Old Brewery; type of licence: full; on or off licence: on; number of licenced days per week: 6. (1905 list)
Closed, Compensation £342
(County Licencing Committee, 1905-1938 Ceredigion Archives, Cards/QS/L/1)