N.B. Some pubs do not appear on the maps as we do not have a definite location for them.
Details of pub: White Hart, Aberystwyth
Other names: Address/Location:
2 Market Street OS Grid Ref:
before 1837 Closed:
NOT KNOWN Type:
On the list of premises which were provided with water by the Aberystwyth Improvement Commissioners, 1837. Occupier / Landlord: Evan Roberts, 2 Market Street (Ceredigion Archives)
licensee: Evan Roberts,
source: Pigot and Co., 1844
"The licence of the White Hart Inn, was transferred from the name of Thomas Jones to that of George Simcox. " AO 27 Oct 1866
Welsh Hart, George Thomas Simcox, Market Street.
Slater's Directory 1868 [typo: should be White Hart, possibly getting confused with the Welsh Harp]
"TRANSFER OF LICENCE. The license of the White Heart Inn, in Market street, was transferred From the name Of Thomas George Simcox to that of Thomas Phillips." AO 3 July 1869
White Hart, Harry Lloyd, Inn and Public House, 2 Market Street, Aberystwyth, (Worrall’s Directory, 1875)
The licence of the White Hart was transferred from Mr. Harry Lloyd to Mr. Edward Hughes.
Cambrian News 9.1.1880
For sale: "In MARKET STREET. The two Public-houses known as MARKET TAVERN and WHITE HART the two Shops and Premises, being Nos. 4 and 7, in the several occupations of Messrs John Richards & Co., and Mr John Griffiths." Cmn Jnl 27 May 1892
Petty Sessions: Aberystwyth; number on list: 50; name of premises: White Hart; Parish / Place: Aberystwyth; Licensee: Hughes, Elizabeth; owner or tenant : tenant; registered owner : David Roberts and Sons; free or tied: tied; tied to: Aberystwyth Brewery; type of licence: full; on or off licence: on; number of licenced days per week: 6. (1905 list)
Among the many freehold properties owned by David Roberts and Sons, 31.3.1926
NLW, Roberts and Evans, David Roberts of Trefechan; CB7/7
People associated with this establishment Roberts, Margaret [-] Simcox, George T [-]