The database currently contains details of 991 pubs and other premises, 256 places and 209 people. There are also 313 photos and postcards, 80 pub signs, 662 newspaper articles, 252 maps and 104 documents. About 138 pubs are still open.
Use the options below to search the database.
N.B. Some pubs do not appear on the maps as we do not have a definite location for them.
Details of pub: Swan Inn, Aberaeron
Other names: Address/Location:
10 Quay Parade OS Grid Ref:
before 1869 Closed:
Swan 10 Quay Parade, Henfynyw parish
1875 Rees, Eleanor, (Worrall's Directory, 1875)
1905 Petty Sessions: Aberaeron; number on list: 15; name of premises: Swan Inn; Parish / Place: Aberaeron; Licensee: Davies, Jane; owner or tenant : tenant; registered owner : A.L. Gwynne, Monachty; free or tied: Free; tied to: [blank]; type of licence: full; on or off licence: on; number of licenced days per week: 6. (1905 list)
1910 Davies, Jane (Miss); 10 Quay parade (Kelly’s Directory, 1910)
1936 Closed, Compensation £81 (County Licencing Committee, 1905-1938 Ceredigion Archives, Cards/QS/L/1)
See also Mair Lloyd Evans and Mair Harrison, The Ins and Outs of the Inns of Aberayron, (2013), p. 17