The database currently contains details of 1002 pubs and other premises, 256 places and 209 people. There are also 329 photos and postcards, 80 pub signs, 672 newspaper articles, 253 maps and 104 documents. About 134 pubs are still open.
Use the options below to search the database.
N.B. Some pubs do not appear on the maps as we do not have a definite location for them.
Details of pub: Aeron Arms, AberaeronOther names: ClarenceAddress/Location:
unknown OS Grid Ref: Opened:
c. 1849 Closed:
NOT KNOWN Type:
The Aeron Arms changed its name to Clarence in 1850.Notes:
Not listed in Petty Sessions list
licensee: Pugh, Jenkin
Petty Sessions, Aberaeron, NLW 13868, 22.8.1849, p. 405
licensee: Pugh, Jenkin (given up)
Petty Sessions, Aberaeron, NLW 13868, 21.8.1850, p. 441
See also Mair Lloyd Evans and Mair Harrison, The Ins and Outs of the Inns of Aberayron, (2013), p. 18