The database currently contains details of 1001 pubs and other premises, 256 places and 209 people. There are also 322 photos and postcards, 80 pub signs, 670 newspaper articles, 253 maps and 104 documents. About 136 pubs are still open.
Use the options below to search the database.
N.B. Some pubs do not appear on the maps as we do not have a definite location for them.
Details of pub: Gogerddan, AberaeronOther names: Address/Location:
4 Bridge Street OS Grid Ref: Opened:
NOT KNOWN Type:
An assignment of the leasehold of a property, dated 18th July, 1866, named the premises as Gogerddan Arms or “Lion Inn” Aberaeron. The lease was transferred from William Jones, Timothy Jones and Catherine Edwards, widow of John Edwards, late of Aberayron, innkeeper, deceased to John P Jones, chemist, Aberaeron. The original lease, dated 30.3.1833 refers to the land on which John Edwards lately built a property.
NLW Roberts and Evans, CB5/21/3 Notes:
(Slater's Directory, 1868)
closed a few years later
See also Mair Lloyd Evans and Mair Harrison, The Ins and Outs of the Inns of Aberayron, (2013), p. 16