The database currently contains details of 1002 pubs and other premises, 256 places and 209 people. There are also 329 photos and postcards, 80 pub signs, 672 newspaper articles, 253 maps and 104 documents. About 134 pubs are still open.
Use the options below to search the database.
N.B. Some pubs do not appear on the maps as we do not have a definite location for them.
Other names: Kings ArmsAddress/Location: OS Grid Ref:
SN5994580833 probably Opened:
before 1844 Closed:
before 1905 Type:
Possibly close to Padarn Terrace (1891 census)1889 OS Shows PH at N. end of Padarn Terr, now Ty Mawr. No PH on 1905 map
Kings Head/Kings Arms seem to be interchangeable names, as Ann Edwards seems to be running both in 1875Notes:
Death of a customer - see att
Tender notice to build houses near the Kings Head. AO 28 May 1870
"TRANSFER OF LICENSES. The license of the Unicorn Inn was transferred from Arthur Ashley to T. E. Ellis, and the license of the Crown Inn was transferred from T E. Ellis to John Jones, who leaves the King's Head Inn, Llanbadarn. " AO 3 June 1871
licensee: Ann Edwards (Worrall’s Directory, 1875)
John Thomas, age 42, Innkeeper and Foundry Fitter
John Theophilus sen. Kings Arms, involved in punch-up at a vestry meeting. AO 31 May 1890
John Theophilus, butcher lived in the King's Arms
Not on 1905 list