The database currently contains details of 1002 pubs and other premises, 256 places and 209 people. There are also 329 photos and postcards, 80 pub signs, 672 newspaper articles, 253 maps and 104 documents. About 134 pubs are still open.
Use the options below to search the database.
N.B. Some pubs do not appear on the maps as we do not have a definite location for them.
Details of place: Llanbadarn FawrCounty:
Ceredigion OS Grid Ref:
SN599809 = 52.4081219758, -4.061016841Type of place:
Llanbadarn Fawr was the name of a very large parish in north Ceredigion. It was spit into Townships and Hamlets of which Uwcha'n Dre and Issa'n Dre were two, and both became parishes in their own right by 1896. In 1934 these two were disbanded and a new parish, centered on the village of Llanbadarn Fawr was formed in 1934. In 1974 it became a Community Council. Places associated with this place
part of: Llanbadarn Fawr (p)/Show pubsPubs in this place Black Lion , Llanbadarn Fawr Cors-fach Inn , Llanbadarn Fawr Gogerddan Arms , Llanbadarn Fawr Kings Head , Llanbadarn Fawr Red Lion , Llanbadarn , Llanbadarn Fawr (exact location uncertain) The Outback (Student Bar) , Llanbadarn Campus, Llanbadarn Fawr Beer House , Llanbadarn Fawr (p) (exact location uncertain) Brynamlwg , Cefn Llan, Llanbadarn Fawr (p) Dinas Hotel , Penparcau Road, Penparcau Kings Arms , Llanbadarn Fawr (p) (exact location uncertain) Plough , Llanbadarn Fawr Six Bells , Llanbadarn Fawr (p) Tafarn y Crug , Llanbadarn Fawr (p) Talbot Inn , End of Lewis Terrace, Llanbadarn Fawr Ty Mawr , Llanbadarn Fawr (p) (exact location uncertain)
Total: 6Additional information
Black Lion and Gogerddan Arms, Llanbadarn Fawr, 6 inch map, 1904
OS Map 1889
The square in Llanbadarn Fawr, Gogerddan Arms is the white building
Date: 1904 (approx)
Cakes & Ale
= Off licence