The database currently contains details of 1002 pubs and other premises, 256 places and 209 people. There are also 329 photos and postcards, 80 pub signs, 672 newspaper articles, 253 maps and 104 documents. About 134 pubs are still open.
Use the options below to search the database.
N.B. Some pubs do not appear on the maps as we do not have a definite location for them.
Special licences for the fair, 1896Source:
Cambrian News 29/02/1896 Date:
Newspaper Description: Transcript:
Special Licences.—Applications for special licenses to sell beer and spirits at Llanarth fair was granted to Mary Evans Maesglas, Dihewyd, Mary Evans, Red Lion, Ffosyffin, Sarah Evans, Monachdy Arms, Aberayron, Evan Davies, Ship on Launch, Aberayron, Mary Thomas, Penrhiwgaled, Llanarth, David Williams, Penrhiwllan, Llandyssil, Margaret Davies, Rose Hill Arms, Llanarth, Thomas Jones, Glanyrafon Arms.Notes:Linked to Glanyrafon Arms , Talgarreg Llanarth/ Maesglas , Maesglas, Dihewyd (p) Monachty Arms , Bridge Street, no. 7 (by 1851) and 1 & 2 (by 1861), Aberaeron Penrhiwgaled Arms , Cross Inn, Llanllwchaiarn (p) Penrhiwllan Inn , Penrhiwllan, Llandysul, Penrhiwllan Red Lion Inn , Ffos y Ffin, Ffos y Ffin Rose Hill Arms , Llanarth Ship on Launch , 4 Cadwgan Place, Aberaeron